Well, I've been here for two weeks, but technically I'm in week three. haha. Mason, thank you for the stickers and the valentine. and thanks for the bandaids too. My finger is way better. Not all the way, it still hurts a little bit to bend it, but I can play basketball. and it doesn't look gross anymore, but it's going to be yet another sweet scar. by the way, I am all out of normal bandaids. but don't worry, I can get some in the bookstore here, so you don't need to send me any. You could send me a package with some goodies or something like that though. I think I'm the only one in the district that hasn't gotten a package yet. haha. But anyways, Cambodian is coming along pretty well. we are all to the point where we can actually bear our testimonies with the spirit. It's pretty cool. We learned how to count lastnight. It's pretty fun. I could count to a trillion, if I had the time, but that would take forever, and seeing as how I don't have any time to even write in my journal at night, I don't think I will try that. haha. there is still so much that I need to learn, and it is so daunting, but that's why I will be here for 10 more weeks. that's kindof a scary thought. I am pretty sure I will be crazy by the time I'm out of here.
I met an Elder that is from Boston the other day. He said that the Boston temple grounds are the most beautiful grounds in the world. So I am pretty excited to see that. I really can't wait to get there.
So I finally found out what the super bowl score was. That stinks, I wanted Austin Collie to win his first year in the NFL. oh well. How is BYU doing? I haven't heard anything about any of their games since I've been here. Also, I heard one of the teachers yesterday saying something about a 360 off the backboard something dunk in the Dunk contest. I would like to know about that. aaaaaand. how are the olympics going? or are they even started yet, I don't know. there's lots of things I don't know. It's kindof weird.
How's my Nintendo doing? no broken controllers or games or tv's? I know mom said that if it gets broken, she'll get me a new one, but I would really like to keep the one I have. Just checking up on that.
So last tuesday, we had Elder C Scott Grow from the seventy presidency come and speak to us. It was so good. and My daikuu (companion) and I were on the second row, so we got to shake his hand afterwards. It was pretty sweet.
Wow, saamsep (thirty) minutes goes by fast. I'm already down to 10. What else should I say? Oh. I saw elder Lunt the other day. He has gym with me on thursdays. I was talking to him and he asked me if everyday felt as long as the day he came in. I told him that the second day is the longest, but after sunday it goes by fast. He was pretty happy about that. There are lots of my friends here that I didn't realize were here. and I will be here the longest out of all of them. 12 weeks is such a long time. holy cow.
How's Justin doing? I haven't heard from him yet. Hopefully all is well with him. Oh! We had our first TRC on Saturday. that's where we go in and get to know someone (fake investigators) in our language, then ask if we can teach them in English. My daikuu had a "gift of tongues" moment and was just talking with everyone. It was CRAZY! I had no idea what was going on. It was pretty cool. Then we taught this tiny old lady who is from Cambodia. We taught her the first lesson. It went so well. It was really a great experience. I'm not looking forward to week 6 TRC cause that's when we have to teach in Cambodian. That should be interesting. haha.
We had some new elders come in this last week, and I think 6 of them are going to Justin's mission. there are two of them that are 6' 5" and super skinny, and aren't very good at basketball. haha. I don't know all of their names yet, but I will let you know when I get them. Well, I'm down to 2 minutes so I should send Justin an email real quick. Have a good week!
Cum riab lia!
love,
Elder Hammer
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment