Okay so this week has been pretty awesome. We have 2 baptismal dates for june 13. None of which are Cambodians. I think, if I remember write, there has only been 1 cambodian baptism in the last 6 years. Partly because about 20 years ago, the missionaries basically baptized all of them, without teaching them. and now they are all inactive. lame. But, we'll find some eventually.
Alright, so a few things I forgot to ask about when I called last week. 1 - Who won the Master's? A member here was talking about it a week or two ago and said he couldn't remember who won, but it wasn't Tiger. 2- Conference Ensign would be great as well. I think we get some from the mission office, but I don't know if we all get our own, and we haven't got them yet either, so that'd be nice. 3- Have you heard anything more about Bro. Pratt? I remember hearing a long time ago that his trial was in April, so I am just wondering if you heard what happened with that.
Haha. so yesterday, we went to contact a referral we had received. We got to his house, and rang the bell. He pops his head out the 3rd story window and starts yelling at us that he doesn't want to hear anything about us, and that his friend that referred him doesn't make the decisions for him. As we were talking to him, another man goes walking down the sidewalk past the house and just starts laughing, and proceeds to call us a few choice words, laughs again, and continues on down the sidewalk. After we left the guy's house, we were walking back to our car, and there were 3 guys sitting on the front step of their house drinking, that held up their beer cans and yelled "Elders Rule!" haha. It was pretty funny. My comp and I got a good laugh. Thought you'd like to hear that one. haha.
Next cool story - Lastnight, we were at a member's house for dinner, and they had the Celtics/Magic game on. that was pretty cool. I know I'm in Boston and all, but it would have been cool to see the Magic come back from that one. they almost did. oh well. I also saw a commercial for that Jos. A Bank place that had another "buy one suit, get one suit, 2 shirts, and 2 ties free" sale. so, we found out there is a Jos A Bank store about 10 minutes from our house. We went there earlier today, to check it out. Yeah it is a good deal, but their cheapest suit was $520. haha. Not about to do that. they were really nice suits though. Also, I saw a poster in a Gamestop window for Super Mario Galaxy 2. You should get that one. but you should get the first one first. Get them both. that'd be cool. Also, if, for some reason, the N64 gets broken, please don't throw it or any games/controllers away. Just a random thought there. Just put them in a box and put it with my stuff. but try not to break it anyway.
Alrighty, I think that is about it for this week. We are, once again, playing soccer today. that's okay, cause it's way fun. Have a good week! Love you all.
Love,
Elder D. Hammer
P.S. I know Nate gets these emails, so - Hey man! sorry I haven't written back yet. I will try to today. Just thought I'd let you know that. haha. and hi to Dave too. and hi to all of my other friends and family that I didn't personally acknowledge in this email. I love you all too! And I will love you even more if you send me letters. I like letters. A lot.
Monday, May 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment