Well, here we are at pday again. I had a whole lot of stuff to say today, but I left my planner in the car so I might forget some of it. First off, Dad, I decided I probably don't need to spend any money on a bike. There are some members in our ward that said they have some they will donate to us, and they live in a $2.4 million townhouse in Charlestown, so I am assuming it's probably a decent bike. I'll just wait until we get those and then if I need to I can just get one from Walmart or something. Dang, it's annoying cause I can't even remember the first thing I had written down to tell you. haha. I guess I'll start with Donna. We dropped her on saturday. We called to see if she was going to make it to church, but she said no, cause she already had a ride set up to go to the JW's again. She told us that she is really confused, which doesn't make sense to me, because in our last lesson with her, we found out that she hadn't prayed about Joseph or the BoM so we had her do it there, and she told us she heard a voice tell her it was true. But, somehow, she's still confused between the 2 churches, and told us that July wouldn't work for her baptism, so we just told her that we had taught her everything we could, and that we still wanted her to come to church and keep reading, but that we couldn't keep coming over. We also told her to give us a call when she feels ready to be baptized, and she said she would. We have been trying to determine whether or not she is all there mentally or not, but it's hard to tell. It may just be from all of the cigarettes she's smoked in her life, but I don't konw. Anyway, she's dropped, which means we now have 0 serious investigators. which is pretty lame. But we are doing a lot of finding right now so hopefully next week we'll have someone to teach. We tracted a lot yesterday and set up a few return appointments so we'll see how those go.
So yesterday was the dedication of our new Stake Center. It was a very good meeting. We got there just before it started so we had to sit in the very back of the overflow but the meeting was still very very good. The Stake Choir sang and they had a trumpet playing, which I didn't think you could do, but maybe it's just cause it wasn't dedicated yet, but it was a cool song. And Elder Eyring, who is the Area 70 and son of Pres. Eyring spoke. The Stake Pres did the dedicatory prayer, which had some really cool promises and blessings in it, and then we went home. It was only an hour long, which seemed pretty short to me, but that's alright. Afterwards, we were walking around the building, cause I hadn't seen the whole thing yet, and guess who I saw? Mitt Romney. Wahoo. He said "Hello Elder" and patted my shoulder, then kept on walking. I didn't know he is that tall! He's probably a good 6' 6-7". It was pretty cool to see him there though.
Speaking of the new stake center, they had a whole bunch of activities this last week at the building which included a Jon Schmidt concert. We had invited some people to attend it, so we were allowed to go. It was awesome! We didn't see anyone we invited, so I was bummed, but the concert was amazing! He played for about 2 hours, and and it was so good. I know it probably wasn't as good as the one Justin went to, but this one was free. haha. He is a really funny guy too. I was surprised that there weren't more people there, but I guess people just don't know him as well out here. I wish I could just replay the whole thing back to you but, I can't, and I don't know what else to say, other than it was amazing. haha.
I got Jaden's Eagle announcement. Congrats on that! Glad you didn't try to beat me on seeing how long you could put it off. haha. That's great!
Oh, I just remembered what the first thing was that I wrote down to say. It was about the US. Darn it. I was hoping they would go farther this time. Oh well, maybe they can win it next time when it's in brasil. haha. But yeah, the little ninos that live below us keep us updated on all the games from the World Cup. They are so funny. Now that school's finally out (school gets out here the last week of June! ouch!) they literally play soccer all day. they have a net set up in the driveway, so the ball wont go over the fence, and they are out there pretty much all day every day playing soccer. Its pretty funny.
Well, I know there's way more stuff I had planned on saying, but I really can't remember it all right now. oh well. Next week's the 4th of July! We arent' allowed to go watch the fireworks, because it's on Sunday, but they are doing a firework show on Satruday as well so hopefully that's gonna be cool. I'm excited. I just realized when I typed that, that if it's the 4th of july, that means it's also the 1st of july, which means it's dad's birthday! Wahoo! I honestly can't remember how old you are. haha. Getting up there, though. haha. Hope you have a good day!
I guess one last thing I can think of is that I was just wondering if I can use my debit card. are there any problems with that? And do I have to tell you everything I buy with it, or just big purchases? I was just wondering.
Oh, and by the way mom, Dave already got his call to England. AND HE BETTER WRITE ME ANOTHER LETTER BEFORE HE LEAVES!!!! haha.
Alright, I gotta go. Hope you all have a wonderful week! Love you all!!!
Love,
Elder Hammer
P.S. Dad, I know it's not important, but I still would like to know what happens to Bro. Pratt. Please let me know. Thanks.
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment