Well, this week was one of the more interesting and eventful weeks of my mission. It all started about Tuesday... E. Foust and I were at a dinner appointment, which is also where we do our laundry. After the appointment, we were duscussing what was going to happen because we knew that the new cambodian Elders were coming in on Wednesday, and we assumed that one would come to Lynn, and one would go to Lowell. Well, we came to the conclusion that we would be in a threesome until transfers in 2 weeks, like what always happens when the new ones get here. Well, about 8:30 Tuesday night, we got a call from the AP's. I was assuming it was to let us know that we would be getting a new Elder, and let me know I'd be a trainer. That didn't happen. They called and asked to talk to E. Foust, so I was confused. They told him to pack his bags and that they'd be here to pick him up Wednesday morning. Yeah. We were both really confused about what was happening. They said that the new Elders would be here around 6 so I'd be in a threesome with the ZL's until then. The really weird thing is that E. Foust got transferred into a threesome. Why we didn't just stay together for 2 more weeks, I don't know, but whatever. It made things interesting. So, I was with the ZL's for a day until my son got here.
His name is E. Greer. He's currently from Minnesota, but his family moves around a lot, so he's from lots of other places. He is a really nice guy, and he has very little "greenie-ness". As soon as he got here, we had a dinner appointment, so we talked a little bit there, and right after that, we had an appointment with an investigator. I was thinking that I would be teaching most of the lesson, but he helped out a lot more than I was expecting. It was cool. His Cambodian is alright... He has lots of room to improve, but that's obvious. We set some good goals to help each other out, and to work more with the Cambodian people, because we haven't done that very much with my previous companions. We've also been talking to each other in Cambodian a lot more than with previous companions as well. So it's going really great. I am enjoying it a lot. I had heard from other missionaries that training is hard, but I honestly think it's way easier than having a comp who's been out for awhile already. Mostly because trainers are the ones who get to help the new missionaries learn what to do, establish work habits, and set the tone for the rest of their mission. I love it.
So that's the big news for the week. Jessica is still having some troubles. She's still trying to quit smoking, and it is very stressful for her. She didn't come to church yesterday, so that's super lame. We met with her lastnight and had a really good lesson with her about what she needs to do in order to get baptized. She knows it is right, and she wants to be part of the church, she just has to change a few things first. We set a new baptismal date with her for April 24. I know she'll be ready by then, she just has to realize that herself. But things are going better with her, so that's good.
We also had 3 less actives at church yesterday. One of them I've been working with since I got here last April! He was finally there, and he loved it. I am really hoping he will come back every week now. The other 2 we've only been working with for about a month, but they had a good time too. It was really good to see those less actives there. Hard work pays off.
Ok then, I think that's about it. No, I haven't gotten any letters from the ward yet. Maybe they'll come today. Oh yeah, and I am totally stoked out of my mind for Conference this weekend!! Wahoo! I can't wait for it. It's going to be so good.
Well, I hope, like I do every week, to hear from more of you. Have a great week. Pday's on Wed. next week, by the way, so yeah. Ok bye. Love you all!!
Love,
Elder Hammer
P.S I heard BYU lost to Florida in overtime again... that's lame. I don't like Florida.
Tuesday, March 29, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment