Friday, June 3, 2011

Hot & Humid

So I guess Summer decided that Spring was done. haha. This whole week has been in the high 90's with about 80% humidity. UGH! haha. But, I think I like it more than the 2 weeks of rain we got. Bad news is we were short on miles so we had to ride our bikes. I sweat alot. haha. But riding bikes is fun, and I think I will enjoy doing it more now that we have bikes that work.

I don't have a lot of time today, actually about 8 minutes, before the computer's gonna kick me off, so I have to hurry so sorry if the email is lame. :) Happy Memorial Day, by the way. Did you do anything cool?

Ok so I guess I shouldn't stress about time because there is honestly not a lot happening so there's not a lot to talk about. It's pretty disappointing. We have a bunch of potentials that we've contacted once and haven't been able to get back in contact with, so I guess that is some news I could share. It's not good news, but it's news. haha. One thing that was kinda cool - When I first got to Massachusetts last year, I found a New Era magazine from 1982 ( I think) in the apartment that I have kept ever since. It is about a Cambodian kid that lives in Lowell who found the missionaries, got baptized, then brought in all of his friends and all of their friends into the church. And now they are all inactive. That kid still lives in Lowell, and I met him the other day. I showed him the magazine, and he was really happy to see it. He was talking about it and had a huge smile on his face, but he hasn't been to church in like 6 years. So we are working on him to see if we can get him back. He is the reason we are the biggest ward in the world. (yes, the lowell ward is the largest in the world.) But, all but 7 of the 700 cambodian members of our ward (yes, 700) are inactive. So, I think you can tell what we are trying to work on. Pretty obvious. But it's hard.

Well, I am in the last minute of my time on the computer so I gotta go before it shuts down. I would request a conference ensign please. that would be nice to have. Ok well, I love you all and hope you have a great week!!


Love,
Elder Hammer

No comments:

Post a Comment