Monday, September 26, 2011

Goodbye, Lowell

Well, we got our transfer info this week. I was not expecting it, but I am leaving Lowell. It's kindof a bittersweet feeling. As I'm sure you know, I've been really frustrated with this place, so in that sense, I'm happy to leave. But, these last 2 weeks have been pretty good so I'm kinda bummed that I won't be able to teach the new investigators we've found and see them progress. And I'm also not officially in the Cambodian program anymore, but I guess you could say that I'm being sent to my new area to be a spy and find all the cambodians and see if they really exist down there, as we've heard rumors that they do. My new area will be..................Providence, Rhode Island! Crazy, eh? I was pretty surprised to see that as my new area. I'm pretty sure that we cover all of Rhode Island, which is pretty sweet to say that I cover a whole state. haha. So yeah, I'm pretty excited about it. I have no idea what the address is for our apartment there, so I'll get that to you next week. I guess you could just not send anything until then, or just send it to the office. So that's the big news this week. Oh yeah, and I'm going to be a Zone Leader. And I'm closer to Elder Hawks, so maybe I'll finally get to see him at a zone conference or something. That'd be sweet.

Other good news - Borida, our cambodian investigator, came to church last week! It was the first investigator we've had at church in like 3 months, so it was a great feeling. You should have heard our opening hymn in our cambodian sunday school class. It usually sounds pretty terrible cause almost all cambodians are tone-deaf, but this week it was worse, cause Borida was trying to sing and obviously she didn't know the tune, so it was just really funny. I recorded part of it on my camera. haha. It was great. haha. But, I think Borida enjoyed church and when we met with her lastnight, she said she was coming again this week, but by that time, I'll be in Providence.

It feels like there was a lot more stuff I was going to talk about, but I didn't write any of it down so I don't remember it. haha. oops. Let me think... I heard about the BYU game. don't want to talk about that though. I honestly can't think of much else to talk about. Congrats to Coby and Candice on their new baby.

Oh yeah, I have to mention how awesome the weather has been lately. This last week was in the high 60's - low 70's all week long. I love it. It totally feels like football. Makes me want to go play football. Maybe we should do that today. hmm. That's a pretty good idea. Anyway, I'm tired of sitting here not thinking of anything else to say, so I'm gonna go look at mormon.org for the 2,834th time. Maybe there'll be someone new on there... haha. You should all put profiles on mormon.org. I've got one. It's cool. check it out. yeah. Ok, goodbye. have a good week. Love y'all

Love,
Elder Hammer

No comments:

Post a Comment