H H H H H H H H H H H H H H H Hi!
Sorry, I stuttered. H H H Haha
So this week was alright again. Nothing super great h h h happened. Oh wait! Just kidding. H H H Haha. Sophan, our cambodian investigator, has a baptismal date now! Woot woot! January 1, 2012. oh yeah. Who's excited? I'm excited. What a great way to start the year, eh? That'll be two years in a row where we have a baptism on January 1. She's so solid too. She feeds us every time we go over, and she wants to learn as much as she can. It's great. At our appointment this last week, we asked her about how she is enjoying church and everything. The talks last week were about fasting, so I had to explain that to her, but she understood it pretty well. Then I asked her if we could just read the Book of Mormon for our lesson. She said yes, and she wanted to read in Cambodian because she would understand it better. So, I read all of 2 Nephi 31 to her, since neither Don or Elder Pierson can read Cambodian, and Sophan can't read until she gets her glasses this week. I explained what was happening during the chapter, and she was so absorbed in it as I read. As soon as I finished reading, I asked her what she thought. She said "I am so excited to get my glasses so I can read that book!" Yeah, it was pretty awesome. I then explained (in english so my comp knew what I was doing) about baptism, and invited her to be baptized. She said "no" pretty emphatically, so I was a bit confused. I then explained it again and inveited her to be baptized in cambodian, and she said yes. haha. It was a pretty unusual way of inviting her though. All I said was "You want to be part of our church, right?"
"Yes"
"Well, you need to be baptized then"
"Yes, I want to do that"
"Ok. How does January 1 sound?"
"Great!"
She's so cool. She was the first one to invite us over for Christmas, and she's going to cook my favorite cambodian food before I go home. haha. She's the best.
So that's about the coolest thing that happened this week.
The devotional lastnight was great too. Tabatha invited us over to watch it at her house. She made us dinner too. It was pretty darn good. Tabatha's so awesome. She might move to Utah someday, so if she does, that would be cool. Then you could all meet her and know how cool she is too. I decided that "The First Noel" is my favorite Motab song. It gives me the chills every time I hear it. I love it! The talks were great too. I loved President Uchtdorf's story of when he almost burnt down his house. hahaha. I can't wait until I'm old and have lots of good stories to tell people too. And I think it's awesome that they have 50+ new videos about Christ on lds.org. That's so cool!
Well, that is about it for this week, I believe. Next week is transfers so I'll be emailing on wednesday. Can you believe I'm going into my last transfer??? Crazy. Definitely doesn't feel like it. Anywho, I love you all, and hope you have an awesome week! B B B B B B Byebye!
Love,
Ldr Hmr
Monday, December 5, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment