Tuesday, January 26, 2010

He lives in a BARN!

Well, here's the latest. I don't have much time, so it will have to be quick this week.I'm in my new area. The Penn Valley Ward is pretty cool. It is a rural area, but nothing like Fall River (I don't think anywhere is like Fall River). We live in Rough and Ready.

My new comp is Elder Garner from Gilbert, AZ. It's interesting training a new missionary. It's been good so far and we are getting along great. It is really crazy seeing him in his shoes because it still feels like just yesterday that I was where he is now. We have a ton in common and he is a great guy.

The ward is awesome. My Bishop is Bishop Glazier, the cousin of Bro. Glazier in the ward! We both thought that was kind of crazy when I asked him if he new a Dave Glazier from Orem. Tell Bro. Glazier about that!

This part of the mission is really cool. I am farther South in the mission now than I have been since I got here a year ago. We are in the Auburn Stake (Auburn is really nice) and it feels kind of weird to be down in civilization again. We live in the upstairs of a barn and there have been a bunch of baby goats born below us in the past week since I got here. Cool huh? We're working on getting some new investigators since our teaching pool is kind of dry right now. The less active work is going great however. You asked what whitewashing meant. Basically it's when Pres. takes both missionaries out of an area and puts two new ones in. So, we have to figure everything out on our own. There isn't anybody there who already knows the area. This is the second time that I have had to do that. I did that with Fall River also. Doing that now and training at the same time is a whole new experience, but that is ok. We're starting to get our feet underneath of us finally.

Ok, time is running out so I need to be going. Just so you know, I'll be emailing on Tuesdays now because that is when the library is open. Hope everything is ok! Love you all,

Elder Hammer

No comments:

Post a Comment