Monday, January 18, 2010
Oh, Man
I don't know if I feel sick or excited right now. We got the transfer call this morning and I am leaving. I will be shotgun (or whitewash) training in the Penn Valley Ward in the Auburn Stake. The city I will be living in is called Rough and Ready. Sounds exciting eh? Training is definitely going to be a new experience. Maybe I'll get paired up with Elder Duvall from OHS, then again, maybe not... I'm going to have to apply what I learned in this area to the next one because it will mainly be on my shoulders to get things going. I know nothing of the area except it's in the mountains again. President was't kidding when he said my new assignment would be stretching me. I'm ready for it though and I'm looking forward to the new experiences.Something that was a little crazy that happened this week was that we received a phone call threat from a member of the Catholic congregation in Fall River. He told us that he would call the Sherriff on us if we didn't stop harrassing one of their members about converting to our faith. We were working with Chris Shields (which has been a crazy experience in and of itself) and he has been sharing with his congregation all the things that we have been teaching him. Well, they don't like that very much and they came down hard on him telling him to burn the Book of Mormon and "stay away from that cult." I guess one of the members decided to take things into his own hands and try and eliminate the problem himself by calling us and threatening us. Whatever. We were able to fix everything and in talking with Chris's parents we were asked not to come back. Too bad. The funny thing about all of this is that the only ones that have been doing any harrassment have been those in Chris's congregation. Interesting...Well, I need to get going, there is lots to get done today. I'll get you my new address as soon as I can. Pray for my greenie!Love you!Elder Hammer
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment