Thursday, July 29, 2010

I'm Staying for Transfer #3!

Alrighty, sorry for the late email. we were pretty busy yesterday. Actually we just played soccer with our neighbor kids for like 3 hours and then had a BBQ with them, so we ran out of time for emailing. It was pretty fun. Oh, and the neighbor kids, who aren't members yet have a baptismal date for Aug 8th! cool beans. They are such cool kids. But yeah, transfers were this week, and both me and E. Winslow are staying toghether for transfer #3. I am pretty excited. We are starting to have more and more success with the Cambodian people so, I didn't want to switch. We are expecting our cambodian investigator, Saoreun, to be at church this week, plus we have an inactive Cambodian lady we are working with that said she'd be there too. That means that we will have triple the normal number of Cambodian attendees at church! i'm stoked for that. I don't remember if I said this last week or not, but Saoreun accepted the baptismal committment, although she wouldn't set a date with us yet. We are going to get her to do that tomorrow when we meet with her. I think she will be the first cambodian baptism in like 6 years, or something like that. wow.

Another cool story is a guy named Mark. We went to an appointment we had last Monday, but it fell through. on our way back to the car, this guy came walking across the street and asked if we were the Mormons. He told us he wanted us to come to his house so he could ask us some questions. We accepted that invitation, and walked to his house. He asked us a bunch of questions about Joseph Smith and the gold plates, and to make the long story short since I am running short on time, he accepted the date to be baptised on Aug 15. Although, since that first meeting, he has been meeting with the JW's and isn't so sure he wants to do it anymore. We gave him some homework, and we are going over there tomorrow to see how he's doing. Hopefully he will still want to do it. We'll have to wait and see though. that's about it for the cool stories of the week. At least that's all I had written down, so I might have forgotten some, but oh well. In your last letter, you said something about Andrew in SLC? Why is he there? I haven't heard about that at all, so I'm a bit confused. And tell Bishop Blackham that I say hi, and thanks for all that he did for me. You also said that it's amazing the things you learn about me as I get older. I think it's the things you learn while I'm gone. haha. babysitting the kids.... fun times, huh? haha. and finally in response to Henry's nonsense about me swearing at practice. I'm almost positive I never swore at practice. That was reserved for games only.

well, I am out of time on the computer, so I have to go now. Hope you all have a wonderful week. Love you all!!!!

Love,
Elder Hammer

No comments:

Post a Comment