Monday, November 1, 2010

Happy Halloween!

Boo! Alright, now it's time for Thanksgiving! Halloween was good here. That's pretty crazy that you didn't put makeup on anyone this year, Mom. That seems like something that just has to happen. I put some on 2 of the kids that live by us. haha. They wanted to have their faces white, so I did that for them, and then as soon as I was done with both of them, they decided that they didn't want it anymore, so they washed it all off. haha. Then they had their mom paint something else instead. We took a couple pictures with them all in their costumes before they all went trick or treating too. When they got home, they gave me all of their Reese's! That was pretty awesome.

So besides Halloween, this week was pretty uneventful. kindof. We also had Stake Conference yesterday, which was awesome. Bishop McMullen from the Presiding Bishopric was there, and he told us that if we left the conference and something in our life didn't change from it, we should be ashamed! wow. He's pretty cool. It was such a great stake conference. We had both of our investigators there too. Bad news is that one of them, Mike, slept through the whole thing. ugh. I tried several times to wake him up, but he just kep dozing off. Speaking of investigators, we have interviews scheduled this Friday for both Mike and Bryan, and as long as they both pass, they will both be getting baptized next Sunday! I'm pretty excited for that. Mike is now going on 20 days not smoking. Wow. We had an appointment with Mike this last week on Wednesday, with which, we were in a pretty bad situation. We get 900 miles a month on our car. We were at 890 on Wednesday, and Mike lives in East Boston, which is approximately 11 miles from our house. So, rather than going over on our miles, we decided to walk there. It took us about 3 and a half hours which includes time talking to people and handing out passalongs. It was a pretty miserable walk though, cause for some unknown reason, the weather decided to go back up to the 70's with extremely high humidity. Plus, I was wearing my rain coat because it had been raining all morning, but stopped while we were walking. Let's just say my clothes were basically wet when we got to his house. haha. So, total, we walked about 17 miles that day, cause rather than walking home, we walked to a member's house and he gave us dinner, and a ride home. And this is also after we had walked about 12 miles on Tuesday for the same reason, except we had to go to Revere, not East Boston. So we walked a lot this week. My legs were pretty dang sore. haha. But, we talked to lots of people on the streets and have a bunch of new potential investigators.

Well, I think that's about it for this week. Thanks to Justin and Brittnie for the packages. I got them both the same day, so the other 3 Elders in the apartment were jealous of my awesome mail. Those ties are awesome, by the way Justin. I've been complimented on all of them that I've worn so far. And Brittnie, I can't put in words how much I love those delicious oreo thingys. Thanks. And I guess that I should say thanks to Mason for his picture that he sent me a while ago that I never thanked him for. Thanks buddy! And the last thing I can think of right now is that the name of that dude I told you about last week who's cd's I want - his name is Lex de Azevedo, not whatever I said last week. Thanks for everything! Love you all! Hope you have a great week!

Love,
Elder Hammer


P.S. GO TCU!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment