Howdy. I don't have a lot to talk about since I just talked to all of you 3 days ago. It snowed basically all day Sunday and Monday. We ended up with about 14 inches. It was pretty awesome. I'd call it a blizzard, just because the wind was going about 40 miles an hour along with the dumping snow. It was really cool to watch until we couldn't see out the windows. We weren't allowed to drive our cars from after church on Sunday until Tuesday. That was pretty lame. We didn't do much on Sunday, and then Monday was spent shoveling mostly all day. I felt bad cause I didn't help cause I was sick. I guess it decided to get worse before it got better. I feel alright today, still congested and sore throat, but that's better than it was. But the piles of snow on the sides of the road are huge! I'm really surprised also, because I haven't seen any wrecks. I don't understand that, cause the roads are still a mess, but whatever. I think it'll be really messy in a few days cause the forecast is in the high 40's low 50's for the next couple of days. That won't be pretty. haha.
So besides that, I don't really have much to say. We should be baptizing Aaron this saturday, Dad can tell you about him if you didn't hear his story. I'm pretty excited for that. And really the only other announcement is that my birthday is coming up, so people can start thinking about stuff they'd like to send me... A few suggestions I've thought of: money, more cd's, a few more ties, some thick warm socks, and maybe a sweater or two that I could wear with my suits. Oh yeah, and maybe a new watch.... haha.
Well, I hope that all of you have a wonderful week. Happy New Years! Make some good resolutions. One of the things we're doing as a mission is as we read the Book of Mormon over the next 6 months, we are going to highlight every name, reference to, or words of the Savior. Just a suggestion I wanted to share with you. Cool beans. Love you all!
Love,
Elder Hammer
Wednesday, December 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment