Monday, December 13, 2010

It's still NOT beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Ugh. I wish it would snow already. We did get like 2 or 3 inches of rain yesterday, but it was in the mid 50's so there was no chance of snow there. It was a pretty intense storm though. Very windy. The waves at the ocean were pretty big. It was really cool to see them crash against the wall and blow up onto the road. I enjoyed it for the few minutes we saw it.

Well, I guess I'll start with the bad news this week. And no, it's not as bad as when I "broke" my leg. It's worse, actually. Neither Peter or Jose have baptismal dates anymore. This week was pretty rough for the both of them. I'll start with Peter. We've been meeting with him for a while now, and he's been progressing very well. He's kept all his appointments, and has read everything we've asked him to. He was scheduled to be baptized yesterday, but if you remember last weeks email, I mentioned his mother. Yeah, she wouldn't sign the baptismal record, so we can't baptize him yet. Very sad. There's a miniscule chance that she might be thinking about signing it, but she probably won't which means that we'll have to wait until March when he turns 18. Good news is that's not too far away, but we'd rather do it now. Oh well, he's still planning on coming to church and meeting with us so I'm not too worried about it.

Jose's a bit of a different story. He had mentioned to us that he used to drink a lot, but right now his only concern was with smoking. Well, apparently he checked himself into the hospital to try and get some help getting into a program that would help him stop drinking. We didn't know about it until he missed an appointment and we called to see where he was. The people he's staying with said that he was in the hospital and weren't sure when he'd be coming back. If he gets in the program, he'd be there for 28 days, so that's a long time without us meeting him. But, we are pretty sure that for whatever reasons, he didn't make it into the program, but he's still not back, so we aren't sure what's going on with him, I think he's in Dorchester, which is where he's originally from, which is not good news cause that's what he was trying to get away from. But, we still have ways to contact him, we just haven't been able to yet. He still wants to learn, it's just a matter of us finding out where he's staying so we can teach him. So that's the sad news on this week. We were so excited for both of them, but now we are just down to 0 investigators (not counting Peter) and are trying to find some more.

We also got to go to the temple again this last week. With the new missionary curriculum, we only have Zone Conferences every 3 months, but for our Christmas present from Pres. and Sis. Evans, we all got to go to the temple with them and our zone. It was so nice to be in there again. I know I got to go like a month ago for a sealing, but I haven't been there for endowments for a while and it was great. After our session, they had lunch provided for us downstairs. It was all decorated Christmassy and looked really nice, and the food, as temple food always is, was great! Then we went to the chapel right next to the temple for a zone testimony meeting. It was such a great meeting. I felt the presence of the Spirit very strongly. I loved it. And we also all got our presents from home. Thanks for that. I wasn't sure if I should open it or not, so I did a little bit and just felt inside to see if it was wrapped or not. So I ended up opening it and putting the wrapped stuff under our tree. Our tree is pretty great too. It says on the box that it's 6'0'', but in that case, I'm 6'7''. haha. It was pretty skimpy looking when we got it out of the box, but with the lights and ornaments, it doesn't look too bad.

Well, I'm about out of stuff to say again, but I thought I'd tell you about this crazy guy we met on the street the other day. We just approached him as we do with anyone on the street and offered him a card for the Joy to the World DVD. He told us that he knows everything there is to know about the birth of Jesus. He seemed like he wanted to bash, but as soon as he started talking more, we realized that he was just a very crazy man. He started talking about how he goes to church, and then told us that we need to ask people the questions that they want to answer, and he asked us a bunch of questions that didn't make any sense. He went from talking about church and religion to telling us that he'd been taken by aliens and saw all of their weapons that are going to destroy us someday. He also informed us that we could all be shot by someone walking down the street (don't worry, there was no danger. I still don't know exactly what he was talking about though) He was just a crazy, crazy man. He gave us his address, though, but we don't have plans of stopping back, but if we do, I'm sure I'll have more to tell you about him. It was a very funny experience. haha.

Ok, a couple more random things. Mom, I am almost positive I gave my mouthpiece back to Mr. Summers, but if you could get all of my mouthpieces and send me a picture of them, I can tell you what one it is if I do still have it. Also, I was wondering if I could get the recipe for the breakfast you make for Christmas morning. We are doing a Zone activity on Christmas and I thought it'd be cool if I made that for us. Or attempted to, at least. haha. Thanks.

Alrighty, then I guess the last thing to say is good luck to Justin. I can't believe it's already time for you to go. I'll be looking forward to hearing about family reactions and feelings. Okey dokey then. Bye. Hope you all have a great week! Love you all!

Love,
Elder Hammer

No comments:

Post a Comment