Hey guess what? I'm a missionary! I just wanted to remind all of you how cool that is. Pretty much the coolest thing ever. So yeah. This week was pretty normal. Didn't teach a whole lot of people, we only have one investigator and she's not progressing cause she won't come to church (plus the fact that she's not all there in the head), couldn't find any new investigators either. But that's ok cause I'm a missionary. That happens sometimes. But yeah, there isn't a whole lot to talk about this week. We are in final preparations for the Water Festival this week. So excited for that. I'll probably be taking out like 50 bucks by the way. Gotta get some cool cambodian souvenirs and such, you know? It's going to be sweet. I really think that our booth is going to look good this year, and hopefully that will attract a lot of people that will be interested in the church. I honestly can't believe that it's already here. Crazy!
So last week I don't remember if I told you about the activity we had for the single's ward we serve in. We were in charge of a missionary activity for the ward, and we came up with a BBQ/movie/sports activity. Well, we announced it a lot in church and were pretty excited for it. And we ended up having a really good turnout. Unfortunately, however, the members must have forgot that it was a MISSIONARY activity, and so everyone that was there were members. Lame! We were hoping that it would produce some people that would want to learn more, but nope. Just another one of those things that strengthens my resolve to be a good member missionary when I get home.
I'm trying to think if there is anything cool I can talk about but I'm having some trouble. I haven't seen Dax yet, and I don't think I will anytime soon cause he got put down in Hartford, CT. We have zone conferences this week, but our zones aren't together this time. So that means I have no idea when I'll see him. OH! I thought of something funny. So last week, remember how I told you that we were in charge of our district pday activity? Yeah, so we had a BBQ at our church with the other Elders in our district. It was a really cool activity, and one of the things that made it so cool was when the smoke alarm for the church went off. haha. We had the BBQ outside the kitchen and the door to the kitchen was open, and the smoke from the BBQ went inside and set off the alarm. So within minutes, we heard sirens (which I've heard every day since I've been in Lowell, but this was the first time they were for me! :) ) and then the firetruck showed up. We had called 911 to let them know it wasn't a real fire and they said that was ok. But the firetruck came and shut off the alarm and then left. then the PR guy from the church came over and told us that he was super worried cause he thought the building was on fire, but it was all good. We gave him a hot dog to cheer him up and he was ok after that. haha. So that was exciting.
We still have lots of potential investigators that are not doing too much other than being hard to contact. That's always frustrating. but whatever.
I have a request of you as well. I am in need of some new music. I was wondering if you could send me a copy of that Christmas album that I bought mom before I left? That would be cool. And any other Christmas music that falls under the category of Classical, Hymns or Motab. I'm in a Christmas music mood. I'm also still waiting for that Josh Wright CD that Kasey said she was going to get me....
Well, I hope that you all have a wonderfastic week. That's pretty weird to think that Justin's moving out. And it's weird to think that school is starting up again. The kids here don't go back for another month! haha. cool beans! Well I love you all and hope to hear from more of you next week!
Love,
Elder Hammer
Monday, August 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment