Wahoo! We have people to teach now! haha. This week was a lot better than the last couple of months have been. Actually, I guess it was just Saturday that was a lot better, but that made the whole week better. So since not a whole lot happened until Saturday, I'll just talk about that. Saturday morning, I did my first baptismal interview. Finally! It was a great experience. The woman that I interviewed has a strong testimony and is super cool. The Elders that taught her did a really great job, cause she was definitely ready to be baptized. And she was baptized yesterday. So that started off Saturday on a good step. Then we did our studies which were pretty good. Then after that, we went to visit some potentials that we had. None of them were home, but as we were walking around, we got to talk to a lot of people. This week there was a huge festival in downtown Lowell, so on saturday there were about a bazillion people for us to talk to. We were going to go to the festival and contact people there, but we ended up just talking to lots of people on our way to the festival and ended up running out of time so we didn't even get to the festival. haha. But we found 12 new potential investigators on saturday. It was a good day. We were able to talk to a lot of people, and it was just a great day. I know that it's been rough for the last little while here, but now we have some people to work with that are a lot more promising than the few people we've had before. So that was basically it, actually. It feels like we did a lot more than that, but I guess it was just a good enough day that it makes me feel like we have like 20 investigators. haha. I'm a lot happier than I was last week too, if you can't tell. So yeah, I guess that's about all. Oh just kidding. I gave a talk in sacrament meeting yesterday. That was cool. It was only the second talk I've given on my mission, and it was the same topic as last time in Lynn! haha. That was cool. The topic was service. That's an easy topic to talk about, by the way. :) Well, we are meeting with all the cambodian elders to talk about water festival in about an hour and a half, and it's about a 40 minute drive to where we are meeting and we still have to go grocery shopping so I need to get going. Yes, I still need a gps. That would be very much appreciated. Tell Bro. Karr thanks a TON. I hate trying to find my way around the city here with all of it's ridiculous one way's and "do not enter unless it's this time of day" and all of everything else that is only in New England with just a map. haha. I love you all! Have a great week!
Elder Hammer
Monday, August 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment