Friday, October 21, 2011

Oh Hey

Good news this week! We have a new investigator with a baptismal date! Wahoo! It's actually a pretty cool story. We went tracting last week and this girl let us in. She seemed pretty interested, and said that we could come back a different day. Well, we went back on Saturday and we were able to teach her the first lesson. It was awesome. The Spirit was so strong, and she was asking lots of really good questions. It was one of those lessons where afterwards, you are just super happy cause it went so well. I love those. It was really great. She's not Cambodian, but that's ok. The weird thing is that the date we set is on Christmas. She said that she feels by then she can be ready, which is awesome cause she's the one that picked it. It's weird though, because that is during my last transfer... It just feels weird that it's already that time where I'm setting dates for things during my last transfer. That's way weird. haha.

And to make things even better, right after we taught her that lesson, we were riding our bikes back down the street, and we contacted this other guy that was super interested too. He wants us to come back and teach him now. Awesome! This week was definitely the best on we've had since I got here to Providence.

Oh yeah, and on that same street, we tracted into this way awesome cambodian lady that is really nice. I talked to her for a while, and Elder Pierson just stood there smiling. haha. it was funny. But he likes listening to me talk to the Cambodians. But anyway, we gave this lady the address to the church and she said she'd try to come. Well, she didn't, so we stopped by after church. She said she was sorry that she didn't come, but that she wants to go next week. She also said that she wants to feed us dinner sometime, so that will be exciting. I thought I was going to miss eating cambodian food since I'm not officially in the program anymore, but there is a member here that owns a cambodian restaurant so we get it for free like once a week, and if random investigators want to feed us, I'm down with that! haha.

So I think that's all the exciting news for this week. At least all I can think of, anyway. haha. We've been doing lots of baptismal interviews lately, by the way. It seems like our district leaders in the zone are doing good things, so that's always fun.

Alrighty well I think Imma go now. We're gonna go hang out with Don for pday. Board games is what is on the menu, I believe. Ok well, have a great week. I love you all! byebye

Love,
Elder Hammer

No comments:

Post a Comment