Well hello. How's everybody doing? Good. I'm not doing too bad myself. Unfortunately again this week, we didn't really have much happen. We had a lot of meetings that took up a lot of time out of proselyting. Monday, we had to be in early due to Halloween, Tuesday we had a Zone Leader Council from 9-2 plus driving time then that night we had a meeting with the Stake Presidency, Wednesday was Pday, Thursday was transfer meeting, which we wouldn't normally go to since neither of us got transferred, but we had to do some stuff with our car at the meeting, Friday we had District Meeting, and we meet out in Connecticut, about an hour or so away. So Saturday was really the only day we had for much proselyting, and nothing really happened. Darn. We haven't seen Phal or Jolenny for over a week, which is a big bummer cause they were both so promising. Hopefully we'll be able to see them this week and get things going for them.
We did have Stake Conference yesterday too. It was in Groton, CT, which is about an hour and ten minutes away. It felt weird to be there, because the size of the congregation was about the same as a normal ward from Utah. I'd say it looked about the same as if it were a missionary farewell or homecoming in our stake center. But this was the whole stake, so it was pretty amazing. The meeting was interesting. They passed the sacrament, which is something I've never seen before in a Stake Conference. I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to be passed in Stake Conference, but that's ok. There were like 8 speakers and 2 musical numbers after the sacrament, so I wasn't expecting it to end on time. The cool thing is that all the talks were about missionary work. President and Sister Evans spoke too, and that was cool. The last 3 talks were all super rushed, which stinks cause they could've been awesomer if they had had more time. The Stake President was cool too. He got up and laid the smackdown on everyone by telling them all that the stake needs to do better at missionary work. He said that there are 16 missionaries serving from the stake right now, but when those kids were deacons, there were 32 in the stake, so he was wondering why there weren't 32 missionaries from the stake. He said they need to do better at making sure there is an atmosphere of protection and love to help the youth prepare to serve missions. It was great. I enjoyed it.
I guess another cool thing that happened is transfers. I was super excited cause Elder Dawe, who I lived with in Lynn, got transferred to the Providence spanish area, so he lives just down the hall from us now, and it is awesome being able to serve around him again. He goes home at the end of this transfer so I'm gonna miss him, but you'll definitely meet him cause we're gonna hang out a lot when I get home. He's such a stud! He is going to Snow College for a year to play football before going to BYU to play football. Cool, huh? We get up early and work out together too, so that's a lot of fun. Yeah, he's cool.
Okeydokeythen. I think that's it for this week. Can you believe Thanksgiving is in 2 and a half weeks? That's nuts! Anywho, I love you all and hope you have a fantabulous week! Go share the gospel with someone! chopchop! Love ya.
Love,
Elder Hammer
P.S. Oh yeah, and congrats to Justin and Gwen on their engagement! CRAZY!!!! hahaha
Thursday, November 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment