Okey dokey. Well, this week was pretty unforgettable. In lots of ways. We'll start out by mentioning that the Boston Bruins took the Stanley Cup on wednesday night! It's about time one of the pro sports teams won something out here. haha. There was a huge parade in Boston on Saturday. 1 and a half million people were there. That's ridiculous! Too bad it wasn't Pday. So yeah, that was cool. Apparently the Red Sox are in first place right now too, so I'm looking forward to seeing them win the World Series too.
I am having a hard time deciding which of all the exciting events that took place are the coolest, but whatever. I'll just go in order of when they happened. Bruins were first, but on the same night, my second son, Elder Wayne, arrived from Edmonton, Alberta Canada. He's pretty awesome. I don't know what they're doing in the MTC these days, but the new missionaries are way more prepared than they were even a year ago! It's incredible. He is a very good missionary so far, he speaks khmer all the time, which is awesome, and he is just cool. In the 5 days that I've kow him, I have learned a lot already. So that's pretty exciting.
Next up is the robbery.... On Thursday, we decided we wanted to play a little prank on our newest companion... Just kidding. On thursday, we were doing our weekly planning that we do every thursday. We finished planning and had to go to our service activity so we got ready to go to that. As we were getting ready, I asked myself if I needed to take my gps or not. I decided not to, since I knew how to get there and we would be coming back after service so I could get it then if I needed. So, we left for service. We had a good time there, helping people and talking to them. Then we went home to change and when I walked into our bedroom, something seemed a little odd. There was this random sheet on my bed that hadn't been there before, and then upon looking at the window, I noticed that our air conditioning unit was sitting on E. Wayne's bed. I was super confused for a few moments before I realized what happened. I walked back out to our front room to see if anything had been taken, and sure enough, my gps was not there. I asked E. Ang and E. Wayne if they had anything missing, and they couldn't find anything of theirs that was gone, except for $30 out of E. Ang's wallet. We then realized that the house was a mess. Things had been moved around and not cleaned up. Upon inspection, I found that I was missing my gps, my usb cables for my camera and my gps, and a watch that another Elder had given me before. All of our suitcases had been looked through as well, but luckily, missionaries don't have a whole lot of valuable things so they didn't take anything else. I thought that they had taken my USB drive that has ALL of my mission pictures on it and I was about to cry really bad cause that would stink. But then, I realized that as we were weekly planning earlier in the day, I had placed a copy of the family proclamation on my desk. Without knowing it, I had put it right on top of my USB drive and for some reason, the thieves didn't get it. I am SO grateful for that.
They also didn't get my stash of money I've been saving for the Water Festival this year so that's good. So that's our robbery story. E. Wayne's first day in the mission. haha. They also went upstairs to our landlord and took his 46 inch tv, xbox and wii, so we didn't get it as bad as that. He told me that he'll see if his homeowner's insurance will cover my gps, but if not, our ward mission leader told me he'd get me a new one. So that is why you don't need to worry about it mom :)
We'll probably be moving apartments sometime because President is worried cause about 2 months ago, the previous Elders' car was broken into and their gps stolen as well. So we'll probably have to move somewhere else. That'll be exciting. I thought that it was a great "welcome to Lowell" experience for E. Wayne. haha.
Ok well, the last thing I have for this week is an update on Johny. He came to church yesterday! First investigator I've had at church since I got to Lowell. Unfortunately, he was drunk, but he's always drunk, so I'm not sure what to think of it. He loved it and he wants to be baptized, but he has A LOT of work to do before then. We set a goal for the 24th of July for his baptism so we will be working alot with him to get him ready. He is such a cool guy, I love him a lot. His life is so poor right now and I really want to help him out. I hope that things keep going up for him, cause he told us that meeting us was the best thing that's ever happened to him. He also told me some other stuff that I won't repeat because it's not relevant right now, other than to reinforce that he needs help.
Oh yeah, and E. Thompson, or Jordan rather, who is my grandpa, came out to visit with his wife this week. He went home last August. He was at church and then they were at the family's house that we ate at lastnight too so that was weird but really cool seeing him again. He might come play ball with us today but I don't know.
So, pretty cool week, eh? I think so. It was fun. haha. I'm still waiting for that Josh Wright CD, Kasey. I've heard from some other missionaries that it is really good... :) alrighty then I love you all and I hope that you have a wonderfully grand week!
Love
Elder Hammer
Wednesday, July 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment