So I gots to be quick today cause we're going to go hang out in Boston and I want to leave to get there as soon as possible. ;)
This week was pretty cool. We were able to find 4 new investigators, 3 of which were found Sunday night. That's pretty awesome. We extended baptismal dates to all of them, but only one of them accepted. 2 of them are a cambodian family that we found. There is a mom, and her two sons, but one of them has mental disabilities so he doesn't need to learn. He sits in with us though. But anyway, yeah, we're teaching in cambodian. I can't tell you how excited that makes me. Especially now that my language skills are better than they used to be so I can actually understand almost all of what she talks about. The mom doesn't speak english so we teach her in Khmer but her son doesnt' speak khmer so we teach him in english. It's pretty awesome. So I extended my first baptismal date in Khmer to her. that was pretty awesome. She said she would have to think about it first, but I think she'll do it. Her son said he'd get baptized but didn't accept a solid date yet. But yes, that is some very exciting news.
Johny isn't doing too well. He was in the hospital so we haven't been able to see him for awhile. That stinks.
Big news - Connecticut joins our mission tomorrow! I'm so excited! We now have about 200 missionaries. We have a mission conference tomorrow and it's going to be awesome. We got our texts on saturday telling us who was leaving and where they'll be going and it was nuts. My companionship was one of like 8 in the whole mission that wasn't split up. Crazy! But I think it is going to be great. We are all going to wear purple ties to the mission conference tomorrow to show President Evans that we are all unified, cause that's something that he's worried about, but all the missionaries know about this purple tie thing, and it's going to be cool. I'm way excited for it. I can't believe it's already here though. We found out about it back in like January, and now it's already here. Wow. It's exciting. I've said that alot, but it is REALLY exciting.
I think that's all for this week. Sorry for the way lame email, but I wanna get to Boston! haha. I might use some money from my card to buy a Championship Bruins hat or something, just to let you know. I haven't decided yet. Happy 4th of July next week. Won't be able to email until tuesday, so I hope that you all have a good holiday. I'm sure it'll be cool for us, since it's on pday this year. Well, have a good week and I will hear from you next week! Love y'all!
Love
Elder Hammer
Wednesday, July 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment