Wow, it totally doesn't feel like it's 2012. So I don't have a lot of time right now, so my email will probably be shorter than normal this week. sorry. Some of the highlights of our week were A) going to a Cambodian funeral for the niece of our investigator. That was interesting for sure. Lots of Monks chanting and people crying and such. Made me super glad that we know the plan of salvation. Pretty cool stuff. After the funeral, we went to the Cambodian Temple and had a bunch of food. That was fun. The food was really good. I liked it a lot. We had another way cool experience as well. I don't remember if I told you about it or not, but we got a referral from mormon.org, and he just wanted to meet with us. Turns out he's a member who's been inactive since the '90's and he wants to come back to church. He said that he requested us on mormon.org, and also called a bunch of other churches for people to come visit him, and he prayed and told God that if he didn't get an answer that night, he was giving up. Well, we just happened to show up that night. He said that none of the other churches contacted him at all, so he's sticking with us. He's been to church both of the last 2 weeks too. He's awesome. So those are some of the highlights of this week. Sorry for the short email. I haven't gotten my tux sizes yet, but I will try to get them today. Anyway, love you all. have a great week!!!
Love,
Elder Hammer
Monday, January 2, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment