I think that was pretty similar to my subject line last Christmas. haha. But it's true. We haven't had any snow, and it's not in the forecast. I think Christmas is supposed to be like 55 and sunny. haha. Crazy. Well, this week has been interesting. Not a whole lot to say since I emailed last, but things are going great here. My new companion is really cool. He was called Cambodian speaking, but he has also picked up portuguese and spanish, which comes in handy around these parts. On our first day together, actually about 5 hours into our companionship, we were out tracting. We knocked on this door and this guy just kinda looked at us for a little while before yelling to someone inside. He walked away, then this really big lady came around the corner and opened the door for us. We told her who we were, and she let us in. We talked about our church, the Restoration and what we do as missionaries. She was really interested. She said that she had heard lots of stuff about Mormons, but had never learned about them, but that she liked what we were talking about. She said that she wouldn't be at church this sunday (yesterday) but she would be there for sure next Sunday. The cool part about it is that we didn't say a single thing about church. We didn't invite her to church. She just wanted to go. So that was pretty awesome. Later in that tracting session, it was dark, and we were talking to these two people digging in the trash can. They weren't very interested, but while we were attempting conversation with them, this super drunk Cambodian lady came up to us out of the shadows of a really creepy looking house and started bawling and asking for our forgiveness. It was really quite odd. She just kept saying she was sorry, and she was crying. That happened for like 5 minutes, until another 2 Cambodians came out of nowhere (actually they came from the same shadows of the same really creepy looking house, but it seemed like nowhere). They were not drunk, but the drunk lady started screaming at one of them, and said she didn't want to talk to him. Anyway, we were just kindof ignoring her at this point and started talking to the other two that had appeared. They were pretty interested, and gave us their names, number, and address, because even though they came out of the creepy shadowy house, they don't live there. And as we were talking to them, another Cambodian came out of the same creepy shadows of the creepy house. hahaha. It was really weird. But we talked to all of them. As Elder Winegar (my companion) was talking to the sober ones, I was still trying to talk to the drunk one, and she was acting very drunk. She stopped crying and decided she wanted me to be her husband. (she was like 50, so no, I was not interested haha). She started telling me that she loved me and wanted me to go with her. She tried grabbing my hands, but I had them in my pockets cause it was really cold (oh yeah, it's been really cold the last couple days. like in the teens) But then she just hugged me instead. I was a bit caught off guard so I had no time to block it and she just clamped herself to me. I was saying "ok, that's enough...ok" but she wasn't having any of it. So I just gave up after a few attempts to push her away. She held me for a good 2 or 3 minutes before letting go and running back into the creepy shadows of the creepy house. I'm not exaggerating the number of times the creepy shadows were used either. The house was completely dark, too. After she disappeared, we talked a bit more to the sober ones and then continued tracting. It was great. hahaha. And then a couple of days later, we were tracting again, and this cat followed us for a good 30 - 45 minutes. We named him Follow. Actually Don named him Follow. (Don was tracting with us) hahaha. It was funny. He walked right by my legs along the sidewalk, and then up to the door, where he would lay down until we went to the next house. What a cool cat. haha. So I think that is all my stories for this week. Now I have nothing to say to you when I Skype on Christmas, so if you want me to talk, you should have questions for me. hahaha. Nah, I've got lots of stories to tell you, but I probably won't. They're secret. Anyways, this is one huge paragraph. Mr. Downs would probably be disgusted at it. I hope you all have a wonderful week. I'll be getting the rest of the presents I didn't get last week today, so hopefully it gets home before Christmas, but I doubt it. haha. You'll still like them though. I was pretty tempted to keep the ones I got for Justin, Kurtis and Kadin... Love you all!!! Merry Christmas to anyone that reads this that I won't get to talk to on Sunday!! Go Colts!! (HAHA)
Love,
Elder Hammer
P.S Could I request a copy of my Super Band CD? I want to give it to Don. He likes Jazz music.
Monday, January 2, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment