Thursday, January 12, 2012

Pretty Great Week

So, this week was awesome. Lots of really awesome things happened, most of which are adding to the feeling I have that I don't want to leave... Providence as an area, and our zone, has changed so much since I got to this area, and I want to be here to continue seeing the growth and progression. Which is why I asked President if I could extend... haha just kidding. Gotcha! But seriously, I love this place. So much good has happened in the short time that I've been here. Sophan is getting baptized next week, we have 3 other investigators that will be getting baptized, but I won't be here to see those. Sad, but awesome at the same time. We had interviews with President this week, and after talking about the zone and how everything is going, he looked at me and just said, "I'm going to miss you, Elder Hammer." He also told me that he has a lot more to tell me in my departing interview. It was one of those things that just made me not want to leave. I have grown to love President Evans so much. He is such and amazing man, and has influenced me a lot. We also had our Zone Leader Council which was one of the best meetings I've been to on my mission. Most of the time in those meetings, we talk about the needs of the mission, how we can help, and such, but every once in a while, President or Sister Evans will give us some advice that is just for us and our personal growth. That's exactly what happened this time, and it was awesome. President told us that he was going to give us some advice, as "his sons", that he had only given to his 3 sons. It was cool. I won't tell you what it was, but it was really awesome.

Another way awesome thing that happened was meeting with Desmond, our returning less active, and his wife, Cynthia. It was the first time we had met with her, and we had heard that she had a ton of questions so we invited President to come with us in case she had some hard questions that he could help with. It turned out to be a great discussion, where we answered her questions, taught her the first lesson, and she committed to be baptized! It was such a great meeting. It was cool to see how President responded to some of her questions. He's so smart. haha.

Yeah. My mission is sweet. I love it. I don't really have much else to say, cause I don't wanna ruin all my stories before I come home, that way I still have some to tell ;) I hope you all have a most wonderfully brilliant week. (pretend like I said that in an English accent. haha) Love ya!!

Love,
Elder Hammer

No comments:

Post a Comment