Conference is the best ever! Priesthood session was totally incredible. Pres. Monson even said it was one of the finest he had ever attended. Dang! E. Garner and myself both agreed that before our missions conference seemed to drag on forever, but now it goes by too fast. I'm always a little sad when they say the part about "this conference will be adjourned for 6 months." I wish we could always have conference, but I guess that's why we have the Ensign, LDS.org, and all the other tools the church has made available so we can review the words we hear in conference. I think that my favorite part about conference was definitely the music (any surprise there? : ). I was way stoked to hear the choir from Orem sing, and as I was intently scanning their faces for people I recognized I see E. Monson up there! Holy Cow! There's my trainer standing in the conference center singing and being the typical stud that he is! It seemed like I could almost hear all the missionaries in my mission who know him say at the same time, "There's Elder Monson!" That was pretty cool.
So, I've got some good news. We have a baptism date!! Last week E. Garner and I went on exhanges with the Elder's Quorum Pres. and his dad. Elder Garner took his companion for the night to the Condon's. We had talked previously about how we wanted to commit the mom, Janine, to being baptized because the time we were there before she had said that she had finally decided that being a member was what she wanted to do. I don't know if I've told you or not, but the Condon family is a little crazy. The dad is a less acive member who quit coming to church two weeks after he was baptized a year or so ago; his wife Janine is plain crazy and very difficult to work with; their oldest son, John, and his wife, Tiffany, are always making out or being all over each other; their daughter, Rachelle, has a cat and a baby boa constrictor that she lets crawl on her face and in her mouth (yes I said in her mouth); and the youngest daughter, Deseree (sounds like deseray), is only 4...'nuff said. Basically the place is a madhouse. Oh, and they live in an apartment designed for 3 maybe 4 people so imagine what it's like when they are all there with the two missionaries and sometimes another ward member. Yeah it's a party. Anyways, Elder Garner went there with Bro. Chittock and had a typical visit. However, they also had the opportunity to give Janine a blessing and help bring the Spirit into the home. Elder Garner gave Janine the commitment and she said yes. It's amazing what the Spirit will do to somebody, huh? Tonight we will be meeting again (not in the Condon's home thankfully) to teach them the Stop Smoking Workshop. Pray that it goes well! .............hmmm.....our phone just rang and it's Jason Condon........I'll let him leave a message.....he better not be backing out.....
Okay, time is running out so I need to be wrapping it up. Here's some random info for you:
I will be needing another copy of the GC Ensign
I live approximately 10 minutes from the marijuana capitol of the US
Another goat got eaten last night...probably by a mtn. lion
Transfers are next Tuesday. I don't know if I'll have time to email if I get shipped out. Send mail until further notice to the mission address 8583 Watt Avenue
Antelope, CA 95843
Some dude in the library is about to get kicked out for being a jerk...now he's gone
They ain't jokin' when they say Cali is the land of fruits and nuts
Alright, have an awesome week! Love you all!
Be mighty,
Elder Hammer
Tuesday, April 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment