Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Another Week

Well, there's not much to report on for this week. Thanks for the Happy Birthdays from those of you that mentioned it. I had a good birthday.

Things are still going well. We have spent some time moving lately. We are basically moved into a new house now and it is sweet being there. We are now living with the Hmong missionaries that serve in our ward. One of them is Elder Paramore who was Devin's Zone Leader in the MTC. We still have some things that we need to move from our old apartment, but we've got like 3 weeks to get it all done. Being in a house is so much nicer than being in an apartment that has had missionaries in it for 11 years.

Paul Hurtado is still good for his baptism this upcoming Sunday. I totally love this guy and we have had some amazing experiences with him. Thankfully he has a totally awesome fellowshipper who has been able to connect with Paul in ways that we can't. Every day members of the church are so important in missionary work and I think that many of us just don't realize that. Paul would not be getting baptized if we taught him on our own.

Debbie and Walter Burton are going to have to wait to get baptized until a later date. There are some things that have come up that we need to work with them on, but I'm not worried. Once again, they have a solid fellowshipper who is going to be right by their side through everything they go through. They came to church for the first time yesterday and totally loved it too! Our Gospel Principles class was packed and I couldn't stop smiling! Things are going well in the Olivehurst Ward!

Alright, Kurtis, Devin has been on your case for a while about not writing to him and I know I haven't said anything about it, but you should write to us and tell us how things are going. That would be sweet.

Okay, I think that is it for this week. Letters and packages are always appreciated, so yeah... Transfers are next week (Sept. 28th) so send mail to the mission office if you don't get it off before the end of the week. I'll get you our new house address soon. You can either send it to the office or the address at Lincoln Point if you want. Thanks to everyone for everything! Be mighty!

love ya!
Elder Justin Hammer

No comments:

Post a Comment