Wow, I cannot believe that it is already almost October. We were talking the other day, and I realized that it was already the 25th of September, and I was really confused about where September went. haha. Sounds like the weather out there is about the same as it is here. We had a week where it was super nice and felt like fall was coming, but then this last week was up in the high 80's low 90's and it was awful. The humidity came back too, which really made it bad. However, yesterday was nice and cool, and today is overcast and rainy. I think it's about 65 right now, which feels so good. We had a dinner appointment in Charlestown (which by the way, is one of my favorite places ever!) lastnight, and when we walked out of the $2.4 million townhouse with our stomaches about to burst, it was "misting" which is really cool, and it totally smelled like winter. I know that sounds weird but, it just felt/smelled like it does right before it snows. It got me super excited for the winter. But, we have to go through fall first. The leaves are just now starting to change colors, which is going to be cool when they are all different.
So yesterday at church was pretty cool. It was testimony meeting, which in the Revere 2nd ward, can be very very interesting sometimes. Yesterday was very nice though. There are a few members that can make it kindof awkward, but they did good yesterday. There are some great stories of the testimony meetings here, but I won't share any right now. Anyway, during priesthood, our Stake President walked in with about 5 minutes left in the meeting, and interrupted the teacher and said that he had some business to take care of. I was pretty excited cause I had no idea what was going on. However, it was nothing out of the ordinary, they just released the Elders' Quorum presidency and called Bro. Buckley to be the President! I was so excited when he announced that. Bro. Buckley is the bomb! He's been a member just over 2 years, and now he's the EQ President! That's so awesome!
Alright. Some cool stuff that happened this week. We met with 2 former investigators on Thursday. Their names are Nick and Midge. They are huge Harley Davidson fans, and they have travelled basically everywhere you can by motorcycle. Nick is this big, muscular, tattoos up the arms, handlebar-mustachioed man that looks like a typical motorcycle guy, but he is really one of the nicest guys I've ever met. He talks very quietly and is so cool. Midge is a super nice woman too. She is totally ready to be baptized, except that 6 years ago, she was out on her back porch leaning on the patio railing, when it gave out due to weather damage, and she fell 5 feet and broke her neck and now she's a quadroplegic. Super sad story. She wants to be baptized, but she said that she doesn't think she can be because of her condition. She said that sudden temperature changes can trigger something with her spinal cord, and she could die from it. We are working with our Ward Mission Leader to explore possibilities for her. We want to have her in a chair with no legs, and just dunk her like that, but the font we have apparently isn't deep enough to do that, so we are thinking of doing it in a pool somewhere. It probably won't happen for a while, cause we still need to review all the lessons with them cause they were taught over a year ago, but I am excited to see what will happen with them. They are such great people.
Another cool thing that happened is with Bryan. Last week I said that we extended a date for him, but he didn't accept it. I also said that I knew he would accept it eventually. Well, he accepted for October 24th! We have met with him 3 times, and he has read all the chapters we've given him, and he is progressing really well. He wasn't at church yesterday, but I think he may have been out of town, cause his little brothers (who come every week) weren't there either. But, we are going to stop by to meet with him again on wednesday this week to see how he's doing.
Well, I think I'm about out of things for this week. I am so excited for Conference this weekend! I can't wait to hear what awesome stuff the Prophet and Apostles and everyone else has prepared for us!
Hope you all have a great week! Love you all!
Elder Hammer
Monday, September 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment