Tuesday, September 14, 2010

New Companion

Well, my new companion is E. Rith. He is originally from California, but he lived in Salt Lake, and his parents are from Cambodia. That makes it 3 for 3 with Asian companions. haha. He goes home at the beginning of December, so I will most likely be here with him until then, and then I will hopefully train in this area too. He is really good at the language. I know that my language skills are going to improve a lot over the time that we are together. He's also really good at inviting himself to dinner with members. haha. He's super outgoing and not afraid to talk. I like him. Lynn was his first area in the mission too, so we've spent a lot of time trying to contact some of the former investigators that he had when he was here a year and a half ago. We are working hard and have some really great goals set for this upcoming transfer. I'm excited.

So other than that, nothing too exciting happened this week. We had an appointment with one of the inactives we've been teaching, and usually when we go over, her kids get up and leave, but for some reason this time one of her daughters stayed for our lesson. Her name is Angeline, and she took the discussions like 10 years ago when her mom got baptized, but doesn't remember any of it. We had a lesson planned for Leona, who is the inactive member, but we decided to teach Angeline instead. It was one of those lessons that jumps all over the place and wasn't really planned for, but it was awesome! We talked about the Restoration, the Plan of Salvation, Baptism, the Priesthood, and lots of stuff. It was such a great lesson. We were explaining about baptism, and she had a few questions, but we answered them for her, and extended a date for her to be baptised on October 3, which she accepted! I know that's conference (which, by the way, I am SO stoked for!) so we'll have to see what happens, but it was totally awesome that she accepted!

So, one of the new Elder's that came out this last week said that he was in the MTC for BYU's first game, so everybody was conveniently studying outside. haha. He said that it sounded like things were pretty crazy in the stadium. I'm so glad I wasn't there during football season. That would have driven me crazy. haha. That's the only thing I've heard about college football. I'm glad they won. How do they look this year? Nobody out here is really into college football. It's pretty lame. They are all going crazy for the Patriots right now though. Apparently yesterday was their first real game. There are tons of Pats fans here.

Well, that's about it for this week. I decided that I would like a picture of the family too. I'm not sure why I haven't asked for one yet, but whatever. I figured it would be cooler to show people my family rather than just talk about you. So whenever you're able to send one, that would be grand. Along with a recipe book. And treats... haha. I have been craving some of grandma's jerky though...

Alrighty, I hope you all have a great week. Kurtis, I'm STILL waiting to hear about your last few games. Love you all!!!

Love,
Elder Hammer

P.S. I guess I should probably say happy birthday to Justin and Kasey this week so they don't think I forgot :)

No comments:

Post a Comment