Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Howdy

So this last week was pretty good. It felt like it was a really good week but lastnight as we were reviewing our numbers for the week, we realized it wasn't so great numbers wise. But that's ok, it was still a good week for us. We just didn't teach a whole lot, that's all. One of the cool things that happened was when we were at the Sen's for dinner on friday. They made yowhan, which is one of my favorite Khmer dishes, so that was way cool. But, afterwards when we were sharing a thought with them, one of their grandsons, who is 12 and has not been baptized, decided to stay for the spiritual thought. We started asking him some questions, and it developed into a lesson on the plan of salvation. He was super intent the whole time, and had really good answers to the questions we were asking. We eventually got around to talking about baptism, and extended the date for October 10. He didn't accept it, but he didn't not accept it either. He just said he wanted to think about it. We then taught him about prayer, and the Book of Mormon. We assigned him to read 3 Nephi 11, and told him we'd talk again when he was at church with his grandma. So yesterday, when he was there (which was awesome by the way) we asked him about his reading. He said he had read the chapter, and he liked it a lot, but he still hadn't decided about being baptized. But, I know he will accept a date soon. I'm excited for him. He's a great kid. Plus I got to go to young men's with him yesterday, which was way cool since I haven't been for a long time :)

Another cool thing about meeting with Bryan is that on Friday, we had our weekly district meeting, and we focused on the PMG doctrine of Teach when you find, find when you teach. It was a really awesome meeting, like most of our district meetings are. And then it was really cool to be able to implement that later on that evening when we had a routine dinner, but ended up getting a new investigator, and hopefully a baptism soon. Thought that was pretty awesome.

Oh, in your last letter, mom, you mentioned about Bro. Pratt. That's cool that Grandma saw him at church. You said that he is going to prison? I hadn't heard that. How long is his sentence? Just wondering. Is there any way I could get his info so I can write to him? That'd be cool.

I was also thinking that a big tub of cashews would be cool to have. I have really been craving cashews lately, along with Grandma's jerkey, and those Oreo thingys from Brittnie... mmmmmm. haha.

So yeah, that's about how our week went. Being with Elder Rith is interesting. He's a good guy, but he goes home in December, so he's acting a little "trunky" and talks a lot about what he's going to do when he's home, and seems like he wants to slow down a little bit before he goes. But, I am still trying to make him work hard and stay focused. One thing that's way cool is that he is really good at the language so I am learning a lot with him. It's pretty fun. Learning a new language is so cool. I still have those moments every once in a while where I'm like "Am I seriously learning Cambodian? That's crazy" haha. It's pretty funny. I like it a lot.

Well, I suppose I will close my email so we can go play some sports at the church for a while. Here's a cool scripture that Elder Nate Jensen shared with me. D&C 35: 13-15. I love that one. Thrashing the nations is pretty fun. Well, Hope you all have a wonderful week. Can't wait for Conference!! Woot! haha. Love you all!!!

kdei sralain,
aeldeeh nyonyua

P.S. That is really bad romanized khmer. haha. Bye.
P.S again. Hey Kurtis---- when are you going to write to me and tell me about your games? I would really like to hear from you. And, if you have an extra $50, you should go buy the new Metroid game for the Wii. yep.

No comments:

Post a Comment