Hello everybody!
This week has been pretty sweet. First off, I am so stoked for General Conference! I can't wait. I don't think I've ever been this excited for it. I am so excited to hear from the Apostles, and Prophets, and everyone. It's gonna be awesome.
Ok-Kasey, sorry for not mentioning you in last week's email. The cookies were great. There is one Elder in my zone that loves pumpkin cookies, and so he ate most of them, but that's ok. haha. And just to let you know, Carl asks lots of girls on dates. If he likes you enough, he will ask you to marry him, and don't be surprised when he gives you a big, slobbery kiss. haha. Let me know how that goes when it happens. Chances are he'll try it sometime. haha. And don't worry if he says he doesn't get any letters from me, I have sent him 3 and he has sent me 3 so if he says he doesn't get them, he is just being silly. And, next time you see Chris Pope, give him my address, and tell him to write to me before I leave the MTC.
So last Tuesday, we went and did sealings at the temple. The couple that we did them with were funny. When I went to the altar the first time, Sis. Cuthbert was like, "Welcome to the family, honey." haha. It was pretty funny. Sealings are cool. I enjoyed them a lot. And as you know, after we were done, she asked E. Sieng and I what our mom's names were, and phone numbers, so she could call. haha. She is a pretty nice lady.
Umm, as far as the band director in that picture, I can't really tell, but it looks like Halversen back when he didn't have much hair. Is there any particular reason you wanted me to guess? Just wondering. and you should tell me who it is. haha.
So, guess what? One of the teachers here that teaches Laotian said that I will probably be learning Thai and Lao as well when I get to Boston, because they don't have Thai or Lao speaking missionaries in Boston. He went to Sacramento, and he learned Thai as well, and a little cambodian, but he told me that I would probably learn it enough to teach in! cool beans, huh? That will be interesting. I stay in the states, and end up learning 3 asian languages. Who would've guessed? I am pretty excited to see what really will happen out there. Only 3 more weeks and I will be in Boston! woohoo!
The other night at dinner, we were sitting at our table, and the sister in our district said that there is a sister from Cambodia in the room next to her in her residence hall. We saw her at dinner that night, and we all went over to her and talked to her for a while. It was really cool. she is going to San Bernadino CA, speaking English. She is super funny. I hope all of the Cambodians are as nice as she is. And as easy to understand. I don't know if she was talking slow or not, but I could understand everything she said. It was really cool. She told us that she is glad we came to talk to her, because she doesn't have anyone to talk to in Cambodian, because everyone in her district is English. she said "khnom sabbay cett" like a million times, which means "I happy heart" haha. It's just like saying you are super happy about something. It was a pretty cool experience.
Well, I think that's about it for this week. I still need a letter from dad and kurtis, and the haun's mill story, and if you wouldn't mind sending those athletic underwears that Justin didn't want, that would be appreciated greatly. Mine kinda ripped and it's somewhat uncomfortable. haha. thanks. Well, Hope you all have a great week! Oh, I would also like the rest of the families addresses if you have them yet. that'd be cool. Anywho, I am about out of time, so I gotta go now. Love you all!
Love,
Elder D. Hammer
P.S. I hear that the Jazz are tied for 2nd with the Nuggets?! that's pretty sweet. when do the playoffs start? Hopefully they'll do well this year. oh, and how did the NCAA end up? or is it even over? I don't know. Whatever. Thanks!
Tuesday, March 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment