Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Week 7!

Well, we are now 29 days from our departure date! Crazy. Our previous zone leaders left yesterday, and I think that really got me thinking about how soon I am actually going to get out there and start teaching. I can't wait, although, I am quite nervous about the whole language thing. I am still learning it pretty fast, and I have faith that I will learn it, but I have a feeling that the first few months in Boston are going to be interesting. haha. So I wrote down the things I wanted to say again so here we go.

Grandma S. Thanks for the jerky! It was delicious. I shared it with some of the Elders in my district and I have some that wanted me to ask how much you charge for a bag. haha. My supply diminished pretty quickly, so if you've got any left and want to make a few bucks.... haha.

Brittnie - thanks for the oreo things. Those were amazing. I shared those also, and one of the Elders (who loves oreos) wanted me to tell you to send about 30,000 more of them. So if that's not too big of a problem, it would be much appreciated. But yes those were extremely delicious.

Ok, so last week was finally the week we saw an Apostle. Elder Cook came and spoke to us about how we are now in an amazing time to serve because people are being humbled because of the economy. Basically it was all about missionaries, and how we are in one of the best times to serve right now. He also gave us a blessing, which I didn't know he could do, but it was awesome! The Spirit was so strong when he entered the room and throughout the whole meeting. Hopefully we'll get another Apostle tonight. That'd be sweet.

Also, last week on tuesday, when we were going to the temple, there was a worker standing on one corner of the street that told us about the other man on the other side of the street. He said that the man comes once a year from England, stands on the corner between the MTC and the Temple, and preaches against the Mormons, and has a table full of anti-literature. He told us to just ignore him, and have a great time at the temple. When the light turned green for us to walk across the street, it felt like we were going to battle, and it was really cool. He was looking straight at me, and so I smiled and walked right on past him. I think it made him pretty mad when like 6 of the cars that were stopped started honking and yelling "Go missionaries!" haha.

Now - this last saturday in the TRC, E. Sieng and I got to teach 3 Native Cambodian sisters and 2 former missionaries that speak it. So we had 6 people that we were teaching and they all spoke cambodian (except for the 4 month old baby) and it was really cool. For the first time in the TRC, I understood almost everything. usually I just let E. Sieng do most of the talking, but this time, I understood it, and I could put in my own input as well. It was super cool. One of the sisters that was there said something during the lesson, that I have no idea about what she said. She talked ridiculously fast, and I had to ask her 3 times to say it again before E. Sieng finally understood it, but I still don't know what she said. haha. It was fun though.

Well, that's too bad for BYU. They had a bracket up in the mailroom so I kinda knew what was going on. I saw that BYU was a 7 seed, and thought that was ridiculous. they should have been higher than that, right? but, yeah we got to see some of the Florida game, cause the workers in the mailroom had it on for a bit. haha. I only saw like 30 seconds of it. But anyway, that's pretty awesome that Kansas lost. That makes me happy. upsets are always good. haha.

Well, sorry this is pretty short, but I don't really have muhc else to say. Hope you all have a great week. I didn't get any letters from Dad, Kurtis, or Kadin, so I will be expecting those sometime this week. someone should tell the dang priests in our ward to write to me too. Lazy kids. haha. Oh- I still would like a copy of the Haun's mill story. thanks for sending all the other stuff I asked for though. Well, Have a great week. Love you all!

cum riab lia-

Elder Noonua

(noonua means hammer in Khmae, but it is supposed to have the n's with the squigglies above them like in spanish so it's pronounced nyoonyua.) too bad the computer doesn't type in script either, or else I'd do it that way. oh by the way, the c in cum is pronounced like a j. haha. I love cambodian. Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment