Wow! it's already been five weeks as of tomorrow. Yesterday I had the epiphany that when I am in Boston, and have been there for as long as I will be here, I will be 1/4 done with my mission! that is crazy!
I don't have mom's letter in front of me, so I don't remember if there are any questions I am supposed to answer. oops haha. Last week for our devotional, we had Bishop Edgley from the presiding bishopric come and speak to us. It was really cool. Hopefully tonight is the night we get an apostle...
That's great to hear that BYU whooped Utah. I always love it when that happens. Hopefully they can win a few games in the tourney. haha.
Guess what? I got a letter from one of the elders in my mission. He said that I will be serving in one of two cities, neither of them are actually Boston. one is called Lynn, and is just outside Boston, the other is Lowell, which is ten miles from the New Hampshire border. He said that the apartment in lynn is one block from the ocean, so I am kinda hoping I get that one. That would be sweet. He also said that there are only 6 elders out of 150 in the Mission that are Cambodian speaking! that's incredible to me that the Lord would put that much trust in me. he also said that I am expected to speak fluently and translate when i get there. I think it might have been a spiritual slap in the face telling me to work a little harder. haha. It got me so excited when I opened it and started reading it. I can't wait to get out there and start sharing the Gospel with people. The last thing he said to me was that I am getting there just in time for the Cambodian New Year! sweet. that should be exciting.
Guess what else? Lastnight as a district, we went to the Refferal Center, which is a call center where we call to confirm that they received the dvd or book they ordered from us. I called one lady, but she wasn't home so I started talking to the guy who answered. I asked him if he had heard of the Church before and he asked if we were the Mormons. haha. I then started talking to him about the Book of Mormon. He was totally soaking everything up. It was awesome. He was asking me all kinds of questions, and I had answers to all of them. Then, he said that he remembered that there was a mormon church bout five miles from his home. (he lives in New Mexico) I told him that he could go this sunday and learn more about what we taught in church. He was very surprised that he didn't have to be a member to be able to go to church. He said that he would go, and told me that I could call him back after sunday to see how it went! AND he wants the missionaries to bring him a Book of Mormon! It was soooo cool! I was talking to him for like a half hour, and it was amazing. I was feeling the spirit, and I am pretty sure he was too, cause he was extremely interested in what I was saying. I can't wait to call him back and see how things went for him.
By the way, we should be getting a new district leader this week, because they only serve as DL for 5-6 weeks, and everyone in my district keeps telling me it is going to be me. I can't say whether or not I would want that to happen, but we'll see. I think it would be kinda cool, but there are lots of meetings on sundays... haha. plus then I would be in charge of getting the mail, and that is usually the most exciting part of the day..... except when you don't get any! haha. I saw Kirby on sunday and told him to make an announcement in the ward telling everyone to write to me, so you need to make sure he does that this week ;) haha.
Well, I am down to 2 minutes, so I should shoot Justin an email real quick, even though he doesn't get them from me.
Love you all and hope you have a great week!
Love,
Elder D Hammer
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment