Tuesday, March 2, 2010

One Month

Hello all! As of tomorrow, I will have been here for a month! crazy! Only 23 more to go! haha I can't believe it has been that long already. Time happens weird here at the MTC. The days feel soooo long, but the weeks go by super fast. It's weird. Well, remember last week how I said that my fingers were all better? yeah that isn't true anymore. I don't know what is wrong with it (its only the middle one) but I thought it was better, so I decided to start playing volleyball. Where the joint crease is, it decided to crack open. It doesn't hurt very much, but the scar is all hard, and is is cracking open in 2 places. It is very annoying, as I can't bend or extend my finger all the way. I decided to start putting that ointment on it again and hopefully it will get better. oh well, it isn't hindering me from doing anything, but it does look pretty sick.

I didn't get a chance to tell you this last week, but guess who I saw at the temple last tuesday? LaVell Edwards! We did initiatories, and as we were leaving the changing room, he was walking in. He said hi to us, and I was like, "who was that? He looks really familiar.... Oh! it's LaVell Edwards!" It was pretty sweet. There were only two of us in the district that know who he is so we were both talking about it and noone else really cared. haha. It was pretty awesome.

By the way Mom, Happy Birthday on Saturday! Love you!

Umm, I got a package yesterday, and there was no name on it or card or anything with it, except a bunch of cookies. I think it is from Sis. Scadlock, but I am not sure. The return address is 506 E. 900 N. I am almost certain that is her address, but I just wanted to make sure before I send a thank you letter to her, so if you could check on that, that would be great. and I am not certain if it is 506 either, I don't have the package with me right now, but it is 50something.

Kasey- I heard about what happened with Mr Logan. HAHA that is so funny. Is he still your teacher or did he get fired? I am assuming he is not your teacher anymore. When I heard that story, I could not stop laughing. that's hilarious. I am laughing right now just thinking about it. I can't believe he did that.

I was super bummed when I heard that BYU lost to New Mexico again. that really stinks. Hopefully they can win the MWC tournament. And HOPEFULLY they can win a game in the NCAA tourney as well. We had a guy come and speak to us on Sunday, and he told us about the Gold Medal hockey match as well. That made me pretty upset as well, but that's ok. Silver is still good. What was the final medal count? No surprise that Shaun White won gold either. that's pretty sweet.

Mom, yes I would love to see that picture of Jack with his cone of shame. I can only imagine how much he is enjoying that. haha. that is pretty funny as well. That's too bad that he has all these problems though. stinks for him. haha.

I would also like it if I could get a list of family addresses so I can write to them. right now, the only one I have is Rob and Wendi's cause they are nice and wrote to me already...(hint hint to anyone who hasn't haha)

Well, I am already out of time. Jeez, that goes fast. I am excited for tonight's devotional because every tuesday we have a general authority come, and they have been getting more and more "famous" week after week. Last week was Elder Jensen from the Presidency of the Seventy. My bet is on an apostle tonight. haha. Well, I must go now. It was good hearing from you. Keep writing me letters!

Love,

Elder D. Hammer


P.S. Our teachers now speak 100% in cambodian so most of the time in class I just sit there and look confused. haha. I will have to write a letter with some cambodian writing sometime. love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment