Here's the update for the week.
Not much has changed since last week. Patricia had her baptismal interview on Saturday and is ready for her batism this Saturday at 11:00. We taught Kevin again and he told us the only thing that he can't change in his life right now to "fit the Mormon lifestyle" is that he works on Sunday. We spoke with the Bishop about trying to get Kevin a job at D.I. and he said that it shouldn't be a problem. He needs to just get baptized. We're going to make sure he has no excuse to not do it.
Elder Pedabone is still struggling with his headaches, but I'm not letting him use them as an excuse. I've had to figuratively kick his butt a little this past week so we could get out and work. Once he's out, he's fine. It's getting him going that's the tough part. Being the initial source of motivation in a companionship is trying, but I'm not going to let it get me down. E. Pedabone is a great guy and he's got such a different background than I do. We have fun together and he wants to do what is right. He just needs a push. By the way, Mom, you were asking how long he's been out. 10 months.
Yesterday when we were out tracting, we came across a lady who practically preached a sermon to us through her screen door that prevented us from seeing her face (I hate those things). She went off about how we need to pray to Jesus to forgive us of our sins and plead with Him to release us from the bondage and hell that we are in. All we have to do is come to Him and we are saved. The love of God surpasses all things. She challenged us to read our Bibles, especially the book of John. Without giving us a chance to even begin to express our own feelings about the Savior and just how appreciative we are of what He has done for us, she ended her high-pitched, almost screaming, lesson on God's love with an "Amen! AMEN!!" (Slamming the door on our faces must have been for added spiritual effect to further convince us of the misery that we are in) Having somebody try to convince me of the error of my ways is nothing new, but her choice in doing so set her apart from the others in that she was exceptionally crazy. Good times.
Well, I think that's it for the week. Transfers are next Tuesday, so send mail to the mission office until I can let you know what's happening. Thanks for the letter, Grandpa Hammer. I really really appreciated it. Also, happy birthday to Brittnie this past week! You know, those oreo cheesecake chocolate wonderful delicious things you sent a while ago have been on my mind lately... : D
Keep on truckin' everyone! Love you all!
Be Mighty!
Elder Hammer
Tuesday, August 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment