Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Hot

Hello again. This last week has been kindof slow, but eventful at the same time. I'll start out talking about Leandro. I don't think I've talked him about him yet. While tracting about 3 weeks ago, he came across the street and asked us where the church was, and what time it started. He was at church the following sunday, but he was a little bit late, cause he walked 2 1/2 miles to get there. We weren't able to meet with him that week, cause he was busy. The next week, we had somebody give him a ride to church, and we still weren't able to meet with him, but he'd been to church 2 times. We met with him last week, and found out that he is originally from Brazil, but has been all over the world with his job as a painter. He is here for about 3 years with his work visa, so that's some good news. He met with the missionaries in Spain, and was very close to being baptized, but he called it off cause he couldn't quit smoking. That was about a year and a half ago, and he said that he had been praying again, and that's when he saw us. He said that he has forgotten a lot of stuff, but he is ready now, and wants to be baptized. his date is Aug. 22nd. We are meeting with him tonight to teach him the stop smoking workshop. I feel that he will be able to do it this time, and he is very dedicated right now, so that's awesome.

That's about all the good news this week. Bad news is that Saroun, our Khmer investigator, dropped us on Sunday. She said that she just doesn't understand what we are teaching her. Ouch. Guess I've still got some work to do in learning a language. haha. But I was so sad when she told us. She came to church, then afterwards when we were going to teach her, she told us. I have taken it to heart, and now I am going to try as hard as I can to learn Cambodian so I can teach and people will understand me. Hopefully we will be able to pick her up again in the future, cause she was doing so well. But, we'll just have to find more people I guess.

So, when I got mom's letter this week, and read about Dad's accident, I asked myself "Wow, why have their been so many injuries in the family lately?" I don't have an answer. But, I hope that you are feeling better and that you recover quickly. Sounds pretty painful. Anything I can't pronounce has to hurt pretty bad. haha. As I was thinking about injuries, my mind went back to my football days, and the pain I enjoyed there. then I realized that Kurtis hasn't told me ANYTHING about how he's doing with that. Maybe he should write to me, and let me know. Thanks. Speaking of letters, thanks to Wendi and Skyler for their letters.

Real quick before my time is out, I have to tell you about our "Subway Challenge" we did the other night. We got some coupons for "buy 2, get 3rd free footlongs" so, we (E. Winslow ans myself) each bought 3 footlongs and attempted to eat them. I only got 2 of them, which isn't bad, but E. Wislow downed all 3 in 35 minutes! He can eat so much food it's ridiculous. haha. He should be on the foo channelwith that man v. food guy.

Ok, my time is up so I best be going now. I took out $50 from my account, cause we were doing some weekly grocery stuff, and my mission card wasn't working for some reason.. Just thought I'd let you know. Alrighty, well, I hope you all have a great week! Love you all!!!

Love
Elder Hammer

No comments:

Post a Comment