Well, hello again. This last week was pretty slow. Not a whole lot happened. We were only able to meet with one investigator the whole week. Pretty lame. And we didn't have anyone at church yesterday, which is also super lame. We have been meeting a lot with our less actives and trying to get them back to church. It is working with most of them, but some of them are being stubborn. That is where most of our teaching happened this last week. They are all really nice people, none of them are rude to us, and they actually seem to feed us more than the active members do. haha. We have some good plans for this next week, because we received a few referrals that sound like they will be promising. We are also planning on doing a lot of finding because our teaching pool is pretty low right now too. That should be cool. Finding out here is always a fun experience. haha. So I really don't have a whole lot to say today, especially cause I don't have any emails from anyone today.
I guess one cool thing we did this week is that we had Zone Conference out in Western Mass. It was a 2 1/2 hour drive to get there, and it was really pretty. We took some back road that seemed to be the scenic route. We drove through "the mountains" as they say out here, but it was just hills no bigger than like 50 feet. But, there were so many trees and it was all green and lush, and really pretty. And there were these huge spider web looking things in lots of the trees, and they looked really creepy, but I'm not sure if they are spider webs or birds nests or what, but if they are spiders, I wouldn't want to see one of those things. But, after driving for a long time, we arrived at the chapel, which is in the middle of nowhere. Then we had a great conference. We were trained on the new MTC curriculum they are introducing that will hit worldwide next year. I learned a lot of stuff that is definitely going to help me out in my teaching. It was really good stuff. And, I met Elder Godfrey, who is my MTC teacher's little brother. He is a cool guy. He looks a lot like my teacher. He is serving out in Western Mass. right now, but hopefully we'll be able to serve closer together so I can get to know him better. That would be sweet.
Another cool thing is that on Friday, we went to Lowell (which is the other Cambodian area that I hadn't been to until Friday) and met with President Evans for like 5 hours with just the Cambodian Elders so we could plan out what we are going to do for the Water Festival. That is the annual Southeast Asian festival they do that is a 2 day thing. I don't know a whole lot yet, cause it hasn't happened, but I will tell you all about it next week. All I know is that we volunteer to help set things up and then they give us a booth, which would normally cost $150. So we get to set up a booth and talk to tons of Cambodian people. I'm pretty excited.
So anyway, that is about all that I can think about to say for this week. Sorry this is pretty short. Thanks again to Nate for his letters. Thanks to everyone that has written to me. I am in the progress of trying to write back to everyone that I haven't written back to yet. Well, I hope everyone has a good week this week. How was your trip to Grandma and Grandpa's? By the way, I am down to 15 pages left in my journal, and that will last about a week, so if there's a way you could send me a new one soon, that would be much appreciated. Thanks again. I love you all!
Love,
Elder Hammer
Monday, August 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment