Monday, August 23, 2010

Sick

So, my first week in my new area has been an interesting one. Aside from meeting a ton of new people and trying to get my head on straight about what is going on, I got sick too. I had some kind of head cold and it wiped me out for a few days. Lame. I plugged through most of it, but there was some time where I just needed to take it easy. Thankfully it's all gone now and I'm back to being healthy. It's a good thing too, because we have a ton of stuff coming up over the next few weeks and I am going to need to be doing my best.


My new companion is Elder Dowling. He's from Wellesly, MA. (That would be about 20 minutes away from Boston and the APs for Devin's mission used to live in E. Dowling's ward) He's been out for just over 14 months and he's showing me the ropes on what we need to do as ZLs. There are a bunch of reports that we have to take care of, and we get all kinds of phone calls with questions from all of the missionaries in our zone, but that's okay. Part of our responsibilities is to train missionaries when we go on exchanges with them. We sat down and planned out when we are going to be doing all of that for the next transfer and it looks like this transfer is going to be nuts. I'm going to be super busy. Our area, the Olivehurst Ward, is totally rocking it with missionary work right now. The ward members themselves aren't doing very much at all, but we have a ton of appointments that we've set up. This place is a total dump and I have no idea why people live here, but the ones that do, for the most part, are pretty humble. Talking to people on the street or tracting is super effective for getting appointments set up. The follow-through on that is tough, but it always is. All in all, this is possibly the busiest area I've had coming into. Hopefully we can keep it that way.


Starting tomorrow, I'm going to be out of town for four days while E. Dowling and I go down to Roseville for a big training meeting that the mission is having. I am super stoked about it. We are only having zone conferences once a quarter now, and these training meetings will be happening occasionally as well. For the next four days, we will be staying in Roseville with another companionship doing work in their area in the time we have ever day after our meetings for proselyting. Having four days straight of meetings from 8 in the morning till 4 in the afternoon is going to be brutal, but I can't wait. I'll let you know how things go next week.


Hmm... I think that's about it for this week. Oh! Here's my new address: 4277 Larson St. #56 Olivehurst, CA 95961. I hope everyone is doing well. Doesn't school start up again this week? That's crazy. Have a great week! Be Mighty!


Love,
Elder J. Hammer

No comments:

Post a Comment